Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Happy Birthday Wishes!
- SNAKE DANCE TONIGHT BEGINNING AT 7:45 P.M. THE BAND AND FOOTBALL TEAM WILL WALK FROM MILL STREET TO WATER STREET TO CHURCH STREET AND ON TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL WHERE THERE WILL BE A BONFIRE. STUDENTS MAY JOIN IN THE WALK AT ANYPLACE ALONG THE PATH OF THE PARADE! IT IS JUST PART OF THE HOMECOMING TRADITION AND THIS WEEKEND IS HOMECOMING AT THE HIGH SCHOOL!
- Last day today for the Oak Harbor Middle School Store to have items available for quick sale. Lots of great school supplies! For each purchase the students will be able to put their name in a contest bucket for the chance at winning a basket of goodies!
- 7th Grade Membership Applications for the Computer Programming and Robotics Club and the Lego Club are available in the office. Only a few students in the 7th grade will be selected
- Rockets Tournament Baseball Forms for 10U tryouts are available in the office. Dates, times and locations are on the forms.
- We have extra yearbooks for sale. The cost is $16.00-If paying with check it should be to BCS Schools
- On Friday, September 23rd starting at 4 p.m. OHMS Student Council is sponsoring a Rocket Color Run/Walk/Jog where participants start the race in white clothing and finish the race wearing Rocket colors for the Homecoming Game. The cost is $5.00 to participate and the proceeds will go to Ottawa County CASA. Information forms are available in the office. All BCS schools are invited to participate. PLEASE GET FORMS TURNED IN ASAP!
- Fall picture day for OHMS TOMORROW…STUDENTS DRESS NICELY FOR YOUR PICTURE!
- The Oak Harbor High School Majorettes are hosting a twirl clinic on October 2nd with a performance at the home football game on October 7th. This is open to any boy or girl in grades 4-7. Forms are available in the office. Forms must be turned in ASAP!
- SPIRIT WEEK CONTINUES…..
- Thursday-Dress Nice for Picture Day
- Friday-Rocket Spirit Day and Color Run Day!
- If you are interested in running in the Apple Run at the Apple Festival, forms are in the office or see Mr. Lucas. Wellness class bonus points will be awarded for participating. The time is getting closer for Apple Festival!
- Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Birthday Wishes!
- 7th grade Cross Country today at Eastwood HS beginning at 5 p.m.
- 7th grade Football at OHHS today beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- Picture Day will be held on Thursday, September 22nd.
- Registration forms for the Apple Run Mile or the 5K are available in the office or see Mr. Lucas. Wellness class bonus points will be awarded for participation in the event.
- Any 4th grader interested in the Mini Cheer Clinic, there are forms available in the office and due back to the office by September 7th. See Mrs. Gahler if you have any questions.
- Student Council forms are due back tomorrow (Friday, September 2nd). Forms will not be accepted next week. Students will be able to hang campaign posters next week.
- Crossing Guards still needed….ATTN: 6th or 7th graders. Stop in the office and sign-up and get a permission slip if you are interested.
- Academic Challenge-If you are interested in trying out for the team, please see Ms. Hall or Mrs. Giezie during your lunch or challenge period.
- Have a great day everyone!
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Happy Birthday Wishes!
Please pay any cafeteria charges!
Lip Sync Contest will be held today, May 26th starting at 12:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
Awards Day will be held on Friday May 27th. For 4th and 5th grade it will start at 8:30 a.m. and for 6th and 7th graders it will begin at 12:30 p.m.-both held in the auditorium.
Grade Cards will be sent home on Friday, May 27th. Reminder will be attached for next year’s 7th graders regarding immunizations and supply lists will be passed out and will be available on the middle school website.
Please turn in any yearbook forms and money today or tomorrow and/or any Lifetouch Spring Pictures or money! Thank you~
The YMCA is sponsoring an IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS FOOTBALL SKILLS CAMP for grades K-8 on Friday, June 10th at Harmon Field in Fremont. The cost is $20.00 and information sheets are available in the office.
Summer Athletic Opportunities:
Diving Clinic-Forms Available in the Office
Boys Basketball Camp: Grades 4-7 there will be a shooting camp that begins next week, June 6-8. The price is $70.00. Please be sure to inform parents and have them register you. Forms in the office
Girls Basketball Camp: Summer Basketball Camp forms are available in the office and/or see Mr. Lucas for more information. Basketball Camp runs June 21st-23rd.
Volleyball for 2016-17: Open to current 6th and 7th grade students-there will be an informational meeting on Friday, May 27th at 7:40 a.m. Information and summer schedules will be passed out at the meeting.
Football Fundamentals Camp: Open to students who will be in Grades 1-8 as of the fall of 2016. It will be held on Friday, July 29th from 9-11:30 a.m. at the High School Football Stadium and Practice Fields. Cost is $20.00. Information forms available in the office. North Coast Summer Basketball League: For boys entering 7th or 8th grade for the next school year-Registration fee is $35.00. Information Sheets in the office.
Fall Soccer: Oak Harbor Soccer League Registration for Fall-There are forms available in the office.
Genoa Retirement Village is hosting a Fiesta Fun Day on Saturday, June 25th from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be a Youth Talent Show….There are forms in the office if any student is interested.
Have a very nice day! Enjoy the summer-like weather!
Monday, May 9, 2016
Pledge of Allegiance
Lifetouch Spring School Pictures and/or money are due back to the middle school office as soon as possible. We still have approximately 90 students who need to return pictures and/or money. To order on line go to mylifetouch.com, log in your portrait ID and access code, located on your package insert. You can select which sheets you want to purchase and pay on line. Please return unpurchased portraits to the middle school office. Thank you to all who have taken care of this already!
Also, Yearbook orders/money should be turned in ASAP! THE DEADLINE HAS APPROACHED.
It has been announced that the end of the year program will be a Lip-Sync contest. Students are encouraged to pick their favorite song and show how creative they are. Forms are in the office. All forms should be returned to the office or Mrs. Buder, ASAP.
NO MORE LUNCH CHARGES IN THE CAFETERIA STARTING MAY 11TH!
DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT PACKETS NEED TO BE TURNED IN TO MR. O’NEILL BY TUESDAY, MAY 10TH! THE TOURNAMENT IS FRIDAY, MAY 20TH RIGHT AFTER SCHOOL.
Attention: 6th and 7th Grade—Cheerleading Tryouts for Middle School Cheerleaders will be held on Monday, May 16th at the high school. See Mrs. Gahler if you have any questions.
Peewee Cheerleading Sign Ups….for girls entering 5th or 6th grade next school year: There is a sign-up list in the cafeteria. Try-outs will be held TOMORROW (MAY 10-AFTER SCHOOL FROM 3:30-5:30 P.M. Please wear appropriate clothing and shoes. Meet in the auditorium after school.
Rocket Swim Club—Information Below and Forms Available in the Office
Who: The rocket swim club is for beginning through advanced swimmers,
pre-school aged through high school seniors. (Children must be potty
trained.) Lessons are also offered for beginning swimmers in any of those
When: Rocket swim club will practice in the morning, Monday through
Friday, starting May 31st through the end of July. Attendance at every
practice is not mandatory.
Cost: $100 per child, $95 for second and $90 for third and more. Lessons
cost $75 per child. A payment plan can be arranged, if needed.
There will be an informational meeting on May 11th in the High School
Other upcoming Events in May….May 2nd-6th Grade 6-Camp Michindoh, May 6th-Econ Fair Kick-Off, May 10th-6th and 7th grade Band/Choir Concert, May 11th-Evacuation Drill, May 13th 4th Grade Ag. Day, May 18th-4th Grade Field Trip to Hayes Center and Honors Breakfast for 6th and 7th Grade, May 19th 7th grade Field Trip to Cedar Point, May 20th Field Day For The Cure, May 24th Renaissance Fair in the Gym/Wax Museum for 5th Grade/4th Grade Rewards, May 25th-Econ Fair and Third Grade Transition Visit to the Middle School, May 26th Lip Sync Day, May 27th-Awards Day and Last Day of School!
Happy Monday, Everyone!
Good morning R.C. Waters!
Today is Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Today is “I” Day and that means it’s “Ice Cream and Icee treat Day!” YUM!! Tomorrow is “Jersey (or sports shirt) Day.” Let’s sport our favorite team colors!
Good luck to our 3rd grade friends as they take the math test today. You can do it!
Joke of the Day
Saturday is the annual Community Clean-Up Day here in Oak Harbor. Community members come together to beautify our little village. The group will meet Saturday morning at 9:00 in the back of the IGA parking lot and expect to work until 11. Thanks to all who plan to participate and make a difference in our town!
There are so many wonderful opportunities for our students this summer! Yesterday boys basketball camp forms went out to students in grades 1-3 and before that we shared the 4H camp fliers with everyone. 4H camps is a great experience and if you remember the memories shared by Mrs. Orians and Mrs. Guerin during 4H week, you will know that you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks to the 3rd graders, today’s lunch is French toast. Tomorrow’s entree of the day is funnel cake. That reminds me of the fair!
Have a great day R.C. Waters!
Good morning R.C. Waters!
Today is Friday, April 22, 2016
Today is Rocket Pride Friday. An important part of Rocket Pride is sharing the big moments in life with others. Like this morning when 1st grader Avery Mikolas shared with me that she lost her first tooth last night. Congratulations Avery! I am so happy that you shared your news with me! I have heard great reports of wonderful behavior about our students this week. I am very proud of the improvements you have made. Rocket Pride is the best!
Looking ahead…Monday is "World Penguin Day" - Mrs. Orians will love that! It's also "Backwards Day" here at R.C. Waters! Tuesday is "Career Day." Wednesday is exciting - our 3rd grade friends will take the ELA test and it's "D-Drop and Read Day!" Thursday is another testing day for 3rd grade and it's "Exercise Day." 2nd graders will be enjoying a field trip in the last part of the week and Friday wraps up with "Flip Flop Day." We have a great week ahead of us!
Be Respectful and have a great weekend R.C. Waters!
Good morning R.C. Waters!
Today is Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Today is the Presidential and State Primary voting. In honor of this and Healthy Tip Tuesday, I present to you 5 reasons why voting is a healthy thing to do.
1. It Strengthens Social Ties...feeling part of a close-knit society is in turn linked with a greater quality of life and the chance to live longer.
2. It’s Linked With Reports Of Greater Health... a study from Harvard shows that voters report to be in better health overall.
3. It’s Good For Mental Health..voting could help to lower stress
4. It Sets A Good Example for Kids...Children may not be able to actually cast a ballot, but they can see their parents vote and then talk about it. Talk about the issues and government early on!
5. Being involved in politics and using your right to vote boosts wellbeing... now let’s get out there and vote!!
There is a BLT Meeting this afternoon beginning at 3:15 pm.
A facilities meeting will be held this evening starting at 6:30 pm at the Middle School. Everyone is encouraged to attend and learn about the future plans for our school district. I
and have a terrific Tuesday R.C. Waters!
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Spring Pictures are rescheduled for Monday, March 7th.
TNT Mentoring is having its Lego class tonight.
Attention 6th and 7th grade students. Next Tuesday, March 8th, is the student council dance from 3:15 – 5:00. We will be selling pizza and pop.
Have a great day!