Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Happy Birthday Wishes!
- The girl's track team easily breezed past Perkins yesterday. Scoring for the Rockets:
Hannah Schulte, Kori Helle, Ally Garner, Logan Wagner, Ripley St. Clair, and Desiree Behlmer.
The boy's track team lost to Perkins in a close race, 65-58. Scoring for the Rockets:
Ben Sage, Elijah Ibarra, Jack Zeitzheim, TJ Hallett, and Cade Peterson.
The Rockets travel to Eastwood tomorrow for the Eastwood Relays.
- Effective May 1st, per the food service director at BCS, no more charging will be allowed in the cafeteria. Please take this opportunity to pay off any current charges before the end of the school year.
- 6th and 7th Grade State Testing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday of this week both morning and afternoon for Math. Please try to avoid taking students out of school this week. Thank you.
- Attention: Girls entering 5th or 6th grade next school year…. If you are interested in trying out for the Pee Wee Cheerleading Squad, please add your name to the sign-up list in the office by Friday, May 5th. Clinics will be held Tuesday, May 9th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 10th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., and Thursday, May 11th, from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Tryouts will be held on Friday May 12th starting at 3:15 p.m. at the OHMS Gymnasium. You will receive additional information about tryouts in the coming weeks. Please see Mrs. Giezie in Room 13 if you have questions or concerns.
- Please have your child check Lost and Found Area by the Showcase and in the cafeteria. There are many items that are unclaimed.
- There will be a 7th and 8th grade Spring Dance on April 27th today- from 6 till 8 pm. Tickets are $5.00 at the door. Water and snacks will be available for sale. There will be a DJ providing music. The dance will be at the high school cafeteria and main gym.
- TNT Mentoring Program…. Mondays are Bowling, Wednesdays are CSI Investigation at the Library, Thursday is Game Challenge at the middle school. Students who were notified to participate will meet Ms. Brenda in the cafeteria. Students are to be picked up at the middle school at 5 p.m.
- A message for this fall’s interested 7th-12th grade Cross Country : Coach Buckman, Coach Warnke and I will be having conditioning runs through out the summer. Below is a list of the days that we will meet and run as a team (these are NOT mandatory yet encouraged). We will meet at Veteran’s Park in Oak Harbor on the following dates (Coach Buckman will be present):
- June 11th and June 18th 6-7pm.
- July 2, 16th and 23rd 6-7 pm.
- We will meet at the OHHS pool on the following dates (Coach Branum will be present):
- July 10, 12, 17, and 19 th 7 to 815pm.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email.
- **Reminder: All athletes need to have a physical on file before mandatory practices begin, August 1, 2017 at 3:15.
- Reminder: Soles for Souls Shoe Collection is still going on at the middle school and will continue for the rest of the school year. This project is being sponsored by our 7th grade students. Please drop off new or gently used shoes to the middle school office or in the large box by the showcase. Thank you for your consideration to this great cause.
- Please return Lifetouch Pictures and/or money to the office as soon as possible. Thank you! If you wish to order you may do so at mylifetouch.com Use your Portrait ID and Access Code provided by Lifetouch in your picture package. Also, additional envelopes were sent home with students yesterday (Thursday 3/23) to send back money if you are choosing to purchase the photos.
- Parents can order a 2016-2017 Yearbook on line. Visit ybpay.lifetouch.com The yearbook ID Code is 1824517. The cost is $16.00 plus any upgrades you may choose. Also, forms were sent home on Friday, 4/7 and the deadline for orders is Monday, May 15th. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
Have a great Thursday!