Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Happy Birthday Wishes!
Both the boy's and girl's track teams were victorious over Vermilion and Danbury! Scoring for the Rockets:
Hannah Schulte, Ally Garner, Amelia Mizelle, Maggie Puckett, Remi Gregory, Ripley St. Clair, Grace Wolf, Desiree Behlmer, Kori Helle, Logan Wagner, Cade Peterson, Ben Sage, Jack Zeitzheim, Elijah Ibarra, Kyle Paul, TJ Hallett & Isaih Miller.
Good luck to the Rockets at the Ottawa County meet on Thursday.
- 6th grade students will be going to Camp Michindoh in Hillsdale, MI on Monday May 1st, leaving around 8 a.m. and will return on Friday, May 5th, around noon. Let’s hope all students and staff attending have a wonderful week!
- Effective May 1st, per the food service director at BCS, no more charging will be allowed in the cafeteria. Please take this opportunity to pay off any current charges before the end of the school year.
- 4th and 5th Grade State Testing Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday May 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and May 5th in the morning for science and social studies. Please try to avoid taking students out of school this week. Thank you.
- Lip-sync/dance talent show will be held on the last day of school which is on May 30th. Forms are in the office and are due back to Mrs. Buder by May 5th. Music and pre-auditions will be held on Friday, May 19th.
- Attention: Girls entering 5th or 6th grade next school year…. If you are interested in trying out for the Pee Wee Cheerleading Squad, please add your name to the sign-up list in the office by Friday, May 5th. Clinics will be held Tuesday, May 9th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 10th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., and Thursday, May 11th, from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Tryouts will be held on Friday May 12th starting at 3:15 p.m. at the OHMS Gymnasium. You will receive additional information about tryouts in the coming weeks. Please see Mrs. Giezie in Room 13 if you have questions or concerns.
- Please have your child check Lost and Found Area by the Showcase and in the cafeteria. There are many items that are unclaimed.
- TNT Mentoring Program…. Monday is the last day for this session of TNT after school activities.
- A message for this fall’s interested (6th going into 7th-12th grade) Cross Country : Coach Buckman, Coach Warnke and I will be having conditioning runs through out the summer. Below is a list of the days that we will meet and run as a team (these are NOT mandatory yet encouraged). We will meet at Veteran’s Park in Oak Harbor on the following dates (Coach Buckman will be present):
- June 11th and June 18th 6-7pm.
- June 12th, 14th, 26th, and 28th at the high school pool from 7-8:15 p.m. with Coach Warnke
- July 2, 16th and 23rd 6-7 pm.
- We will meet at the OHHS pool on the following dates (Coach Branum will be present):
July 10, 12, 17, and 19th from 7 to 815pm.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email.
- **Reminder: All athletes need to have a physical on file before mandatory practices begin, August 1, 2017 at 3:15.
- Reminder: Soles for Souls Shoe Collection is still going on at the middle school and will continue for the rest of the school year. This project is being sponsored by our 7th grade students. Please drop off new or gently used shoes to the middle school office or in the large box by the showcase. Thank you for your consideration to this great cause.
- Please return Lifetouch Pictures and/or money to the office as soon as possible. Thank you! If you wish to order you may do so at mylifetouch.com Use your Portrait ID and Access Code provided by Lifetouch in your picture package. Also, additional envelopes were sent home with students yesterday (Thursday 3/23) to send back money if you are choosing to purchase the photos.
- Parents can order a 2016-2017 Yearbook on line. Visit ybpay.lifetouch.com The yearbook ID Code is 1824517. The cost is $16.00 plus any upgrades you may choose. Also, forms were sent home on Friday, 4/7 and the deadline for orders is Monday, May 15th. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
Happy a terrific Tuesday!