Friday, May 26, 2017
- Happy Birthday Wishes!
- Congratulations to the 5th graders on their wax museum projects that were presented to students and parents and grandparents today.
- Lip-sync/dance talent show will be held on the last day of school which is on Tuesday, May 30th.
- Grade Cards will be going home on Tuesday.
- Junior Rocket Girls Summer Basketball Camp Information/Registration Forms are available in the office. This camp is for girls who will be entering 3rd-8th grade this next school year.
- Oak Harbor Boys Basketball Summer Camp….There are forms for boys in grades 3-5 and forms for boys in grades 4-7 in the office. Information, prices, etc. will be found on the information sheet.
- Girls who will be in 7th or 8th grade next year: If you are interested in playing volleyball in the fall, there will be a meeting Thursday morning (May 11th) at 7:45 a.m. It will be held in the middle school auditorium. Summer calendars and clinic information will be passed out at that time.
- Diving Clinic: There will be a diving clinic held this summer sponsored by Lake Erie Area Diving (AAU) for grades 4-high school. Dates and other information are provided on the information sheets in the office.
- Rocket Swim Club: Any student interested in the Rocket Swim Club, there are information sheets in the office.
- Boys interested in cub scouts, there are forms in the office.
- Any 6th or 7th Grader interested in being a crossing guard for the 2017-18 school year, there are forms in the office.
- Please have your child check Lost and Found Area by the Showcase and in the cafeteria. There are many items that are unclaimed. If they are not claimed soon, they will be donated to Good Will.
- A message for this fall’s interested (6th going into 7th-12th grade) Cross Country : Coach Buckman, Coach Warnke and I will be having conditioning runs that will take place throughout the summer. Below is a list of the days that we will meet and run as a team (these are NOT mandatory yet encouraged). We will meet at Veteran’s Park in Oak Harbor on the following dates (Coach Buckman will be present):
- June 11th and June 18th 6-7pm.
- June 12th, 14th, 26th, and 28th at the high school pool from 7-8:15 p.m. with Coach Warnke
- July 2, 16th and 23rd 6-7 pm.
- We will meet at the OHHS pool on the following dates (Coach Branum will be present):
July 10, 12, 17, and 19th from 7 to 8:15pm.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email.
- **Reminder: All athletes need to have a physical on file before mandatory practices begin, August 1, 2017 at 3:15.
- A Day on the “Wild Side” will be held on Thursday, July 27th at Winous Point Club which is on Lattimore Road in Port Clinton. The time will be from 8:15-4:00 p.m. The cost is $20.00 and brochures are available in the office with all necessary information!
- FALL SOCCER FORMS are available in the office.
- Reminder: Soles for Souls Shoe Collection is still going on at the middle school and will continue for the rest of the school year. This project is being sponsored by our 7th grade students. Please drop off new or gently used shoes to the middle school office or in the large box by the showcase. Thank you for your consideration to this great cause.
- Parents can order a 2016-2017 Yearbook on line. Visit ybpay.lifetouch.com The yearbook ID Code is 1824517. The cost is $16.00 plus any upgrades you may choose. Also, forms were sent home on Friday, 4/7 and the deadline for orders is Monday, May 15th. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
ENJOY MEMORIAL DAY AND PLEASE REMEMBER THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM!