MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, November 1, 2019
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!
- Grade cards were sent home with students yesterday, 10/31/19.
- You should have received a letter in the mail whether or not your child needed to have a parent teacher conference. If a conference is recommended, please call the middle school office and speak to Mrs. Macko or Mrs. Sandwisch to set up a time. Conferences are on Thursday, November,7th from 3:15-6:30 and Friday. November 8th from 8 a.m.-11:15 a.m. WHEN YOU COME, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE LOST AND FOUND IN THE CAFETERIA TO SEE IF ANY OF THE ITEMS BELONG TO YOUR CHILD! THANK YOU!
- NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH BECAUSE OF PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
- ATTN: PARENTS—ARE YOUR CHILDREN MISSING THEIR GLASSES? WE STILL HAVE 2 PAIRS HERE IN THE OFFICE AND A GLASSES CASE. THERE IS ALSO A LANYARD WITH AN OAK HARBOR PUBLIC LIBRARY TAG ON IT. ALSO, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF PENCIL BAGS HERE AS WELL. IN ADDITION, OUR LOST AND FOUND HOOKS IN THE CAFETERIA ARE QUICKLY FILLING UP WITH JACKETS, SWEATERS, ETC. PLEASE ASK YOUR CHILDREN TO CHECK THAT AS WELL. THANK YOU!
- ATTENTION: ART CLUB MEMBERS—ART CLUB MEETING WILL BE HELD ON (WEDNESDAY, 11/6) FROM 3-4:30 PM. REMEMBER TO BRING A SNACK. BRING ANY HOMEWORK OR BAND INSTRUMENT TO THE ART ROOM BEFORE THE MEETING STARTS. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO THE BAND ROOM OR LOCKERS ONCE THE MEETING HAS STARTED.
- There are Red Cross Babysitting Training Forms in the office for grades 5-7 in the office. Spots are limited and will be granted on a first come/first serve basis.
- Try-outs for boys 7th grade basketball start next Monday, November 4th. Students must have a physical on file before they can participate. Physical forms can be found on the BCS Website-go to the Athletic option and when you go in there as you scroll down the page you will see the physical form option to print out or you can go to the OHSSA website, as well.
- BE SURE IF YOUR CHILD IS GOING TO BE ABSENT THAT YOU CALL THE OFFICE (419) 898-6217 TO REPORT YOUR STUDENT ABSENT. IF IT IS BEFORE OR AFTER OFFICE HOURS, YOU CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH MRS. MACKO OR MRS. SANDWISCH.
SPORTING EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK: Tryouts for girls basketball will begin FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST from 3-4:30 at the middle school. A physical must be on file for students. Physical forms can BCS Website or the OHSSA website.
- It will be announced for 7th grade basketball and wrestling games and meets as dates draw near. Basketball and wrestling games and meets begin in December and Swimming and Diving Meets begin in November with the first one being on Saturday, November 2nd which is Perkins Relays (Away) beginning at 9 a.m.
- There will be a biddy wrestling meeting on Monday November 4th which includes a Parent/Wrestler meeting in the Oak Harbor High School Wrestling Room at 6:00 p.m. Practices begin on November 11th. Forms are in the office and must be completed and money are due when you come to the meeting on November 4th. Practice times and locations are on the forms as well.
- A CELEBRATION OF VETERANS DAY THROUGH MUSIC ASSEMBLY WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH AT 8:30 A.M. IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
- 2019 APPLICATIONS FOR THE OTTAWA COUNTY HOLIDAY BUREAU ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE AS OF TODAY.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
KEEP THE ROCKET PRIDE ALIVE!