President: Carlos Mincheff
Treasurer: Jill Mincheff
Vice President: Kevin Rutledge
Secretary: Debbie Graber
The Oak Harbor Athletic Boosters have been in existence since the early 50's. At that time, the boosters gave the "boys" a ride home after sporting events, including practices. Remember, the only sports OHHS had then were football, basketball, and track. Today, the Athletic Boosters help support 18 sports for both boys and girls.
Monthly meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the High School Media Center.
Some of our contributions last year included:
- $250 per team sports camp - this included team camps and instructional leagues
- Four $500.00 Scholarships. This is given to the athletes prior to their Sophomore year in College. Scholarships are awarded to 2 boys and 2 girls each year.
- Digital Camera, Computer & Hardware for Athletic Dept. - At a cost of $6,000
- All Trophies - Trophies for fall, winter and spring sports were purchased along with jacket patches at a cost of $4,000 last year.
- Rocks of Ages Program - Invested around $30,000 to help future athletes through the brick project. This project will net $85,000 for the boosters when all the bricks are sold.
It takes many dedicated members to make everything happen each year. The Oak Harbor Athletic Boosters has a very dedicated core group of people, but over half of our members have children that have graduated. The success of this organization depends on constantly getting new members and active volunteers to continue to support our sports programs. We are also looking for chairpersons for some of our committees. The membership fee is only $10.00 per person.
To become a member, please download the Membership Form (PDF)